Marketing & Communications Coordinator Opportunity August 11, 2022
About the BlackNorth Initiative
The BlackNorth Initiative is on a mission to end anti-Black systemic racism throughout all aspects of our lives by utilizing a business-first mindset. We believe that if corporate Canada can boldly take on the challenge to add gender diversity to Canadian boardrooms and executive suites by declaring policies, setting specific targets, and holding itself accountable, it can do the same work to create better representation for Black Canadians. Together, we are holding major industry leaders accountable to take action and reshape corporate structures that uphold anti-Black systemic racism against Black Canadians.
Your Career as a BNI Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing BlackNorth’s marketing and communication, ensuring that activities meet objectives, communication is consistent, and delivered according to the marketing and communications plan.
How You Will Contribute
- Create content such as internal and external social media posts, video creation, visual elements, etc.
- Management of speaking engagements.
- Management of media and events inboxes.
- Craft and send regular newsletters to members and selected member groups.
- Monitor and report on website, email, and social media response.
- Explore and identify new ways to engage a wider member audience.
- Oversee and coordinate digital media strategies, including social media, webcasts, websites, and email marketing.
- Collect data and analyze interactions and visits to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Identify industry trends and other news opportunities to pitch relevant and compelling stories.
- Participate in and/or host meetings, workshops, and team-building events.
- Compiling reports and making presentations to other staff members when needed.
- Prepare shipping labels.
- Support the team in managing the portal/intranet and the website responsible for updating and ensuring the accuracy of data and information
- Passion for community building and advocacy for equity.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possesses solid administration and project management skills.
- Ability to learn technical subject matter quickly.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an excellent proofreader.
- High proficiency in distilling massive amounts of data.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational and time management skills and solutions-oriented.
- Reliable, responsible, resourceful, and motivated individual with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders across BNI’s network of organizations and individuals.
Education and Experience
- Diploma or BA in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role focused on marketing or communications with demonstrated skills in executing Public Relations activities.
- Proven understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Canva, Photoshop, WordPress, ModX, CRM, etc.
- Understanding of SEO and SEM practices.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
BNI is a staunch advocate for diversity in all its forms and especially welcomes applications from members of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community, women, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ2S+ community, and those of diverse, intersectional identities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with BNI.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Marketing & Communications Coordinator Position