BNI Alberta Chapter Partners with Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP to support Black-Canadian businesses April 27, 2022
In collaboration with Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, and consistent with Blakes values, we are proud to introduce this pro bono initiative to support Black small businesses and entrepreneurs. This initiative will support Black business owners who are in need of legal services crucial to advance their businesses. Blakes lawyers have expertise in numerous practice areas and are skilled professionals who are eager to make positive change, guiding business owners through entrepreneurial challenges.
As part of this pro bono initiative, we will invite Black-owned businesses or Black entrepreneurs to apply for legal services through Blakes. The goal of this program is to provide up to five hours of pro bono legal advice to 20 eligible businesses. Incorporation is not subject to the five-hour limitation of services. Services will be offered virtually and/or in the Firm’s Calgary office, encompassing the following:
- Incorporation and structuring (determining the corporate structure, incorporation and registration, etc.)
- Corporate governance (director and officer liability, indemnification agreements, etc.)
- Commercial agreements (purchase and sale agreements, supply agreements, etc.)
- Confidentiality agreements
- Employment and compensation advice and related agreements (employment agreements, employee-related policies, etc.)
- IP strategy, patents and trademarks
- Privacy advice
- Financing advice (tax advice, fundraising, etc.)
Applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is open until May 16, 2022, or until 20 eligible applications are received.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The organization must be majority-owned by individuals who self-identify as Black and are either registered in Alberta or intend to be registered in Alberta.
- Black entrepreneurs must be 18 years or older, reside in Alberta and be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Please note your application will not be considered if the above criteria are not met
To learn more or apply, click here: https://lnkd.in/eQJPuQtt